Satanic Strongholds


"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. 

On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Cor. 10:3-5 NIV)."

I think that it’s really cool how Paul depicted his evangelism efforts as overcoming Satan in a spiritual battle. 

He talked about strongholds (or walls as arguments), and thoughts like soldiers running around doing their commander’s bidding. 

 As I listen to Paul in my mind's eye, 

my thoughts fill with smoke, 

my nose smells the stench of burning clothes, 

and my eyes see lots of blood and guts all around.


Let’s take a minute and decipher what Paul is seeing. 

Aren't habits strongholds? 

Like Satanic fortresses garrisoned inside people's minds? 

Over those walls those soldiers fire their tiny, little bullets at us as they bounce of our heavy kevlar bullet proof vests. 

I know that it’s not fair, but I'm pulling out the heavy artillery.

You know the "Big Guns" of the Word of God.

Load, Aim, Fire... "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me (Gal. 2:20 NASB)”.

Fire two... “But now you are free from sin and have become slaves of God. This brings you a life that is only for God, and this gives you life forever (Romans 6:22 NCV).”

Fire Big Gun three... “I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me (Phil 4:13 HCSB).”

See the fortresses crumbling, 

Soldiers fleeing, 

Enemies gasping for air. 

See them crying, prisoners laughing, as they walk out into new light.

Raise your voice. 

Join their cry. 

We are saved at lost last. 

We are saved. 

We are free.


M. H. Dennis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Night's Sky

Uneducated but Useful

Too earthly minded. No heavenly good.