1 I, James, am writing this letter. I serve God and the Lord Jesus Christ. We all serve someone or something. We can serve people and things that drain the life out of us, or Christ who loves and gave Himself for us. I am sending this letter to you, the 12 tribes scattered among the nations. The Jewish believers in Jesus were persecuted after the murder of Stephen for his faith(Acts 8), and they fled throughout the ancient world to save their lives. At the time of this letter, this was before the none Jewish people had been told about Jesus. Therefore, there were only Jewish Christians at this time. Hence, James called them the 12 tribes (of Israel). Greetings. 2 My brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. These Jewish believers left their families, friends, and homes behind to follow Christ. We are not promised...
Count your sins one by one. Look at each one through God’s eyes. Do you understand what that sin cost God, a Son, His only one? If you can only grasp how deeply and completely God despises and hates each sin... then God will launch an assault on each one to purge it from you as cleanly and purely as if it had never happened... and in doing so amazingly remains true to His just nature. He will wash you inside and out from any lingering causes of impurities... that contributed to your betrayals in the first place. You will be restored. (a very loose paraphrase of I John 1:9) M. H. Dennis
God says, "I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are sad and humble. I give new life to those who are humble and to those whose hearts are broken". Isaiah 57:15B NCV I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you'. Isaiah 41:13 NL “From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” Isaiah 43:13 (NLT) Nobody can speak and have it happen unless the Lord commands it. Lamentations 3:37 (NCV) I will sprinkle you with clean water, and you will be clean and acceptable to me. I will wash away everything that makes you unclean, and I will remove your disgusting idols. I will take away your stubborn heart and give you a new heart and a desire to be faithful. You will have only pure thoughts, because I will put my Spirit in you and make you eager to obey my laws and teachings. Ezekiel 36:25-27 (CEV) The ...
Comments
Post a Comment