Sickness or Health?

Lord, may your manifest presence be with me during my pain?  When I feel that I've lost everything, it's not true.  

Lord, I know that I have you, and I am assured of your presence forevermore. 

I am so appreciative for all you have done and are doing for me. 

Thank you!


Job 2 New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
2:1 On another day angels came to the Lord. Satan also came to him along with them. 

Father, the enemy mixes in with your true followers.  Please let me discern between the two. 

The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Lord, hold me tightly with your great hand.  Your questions for me are for my benefit not yours.

Lord, you know the ending of the matter at the beginning.  

Lord, please let me know the ending of my actions at the beginning like you and act accordingly.

Satan answered, “From traveling all around the earth. I’ve been going from one end of it to the other.”

Lord, I know that you are forever aware of my enemy's presence.  You know when I'm messed with by Him. 

Lord, may you be greatly magnified when I'm tested?  

May I reflect your presence as the moon reflects light?  

May I reflect your character during my test like salt which creates a hunger in others to know you?   

It's not about me, Lord, but for the honor of your great name.  Lord, may you be glorified.   

Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you thought about my servant Job? 

Lord, may my motives and behavior gain your attention?  Lord, may I be in the center of your thoughts, too?  

There isn’t anyone on earth like him. He is honest. He does what is right. He has respect for God and avoids evil

Lord, help me to be authentic and honest.

Help me to do right when wrong presents itself.  

Help me to always treat you in a respectful way.  

Lord, help me to discern evil and stay far from it.  


You tried to turn me against him. You wanted me to destroy him without any reason. But he still continues to be faithful.”

Lord, you see my heart and actions. You take great pleasure in my loyalty especially in extreme difficulty.  

Thank you Lord that you are unwilling to destroy me, but protect me for he who does. 

Satan replied, “A man will give everything he has to save himself. 

Father, help me to be like my Lord Jesus Christ.  Who loved me and gave Himself up for me on the cross as my sacrifice.  A man who gave up Himself to gain everything. 

So Job is willing to give up the lives of his family to save his own life. 

Father, I am unwilling to give up on my father, wife, son, brother, and sister. 

I stand in the gap for them and their families. I ask for a hedge of protection around us all.    

But now reach out your hand and strike his flesh and bones. Then I’m sure he will speak evil things against you. In fact, he’ll do it right in front of you.”

Father, if I lose all, my family, my wealth, my health, I beg you, God.  May I never cease from following you?  

May I always remember that all I say and do is right here in your presence?  Your eyes are forever on me.  

The Lord said to Satan, “All right. I am handing him over to you. But you must spare his life.”

Lord, I beg you not to hand me over to Satan, but if you do, it's a honor for you and a privilege for me. Thank you for never allowing more testing on me than I can bear.   

Then Satan left the Lord and went on his way. He sent painful sores on Job. They covered him from the bottom of his feet to the top of his head.
 He got part of a broken pot. He used it to scrape his skin. He did it while he was sitting in ashes.

Thank you, Lord, that there is a purpose in my pain.  It may not be for my sin, but your righteousness working it's way out of me.  

His wife said to him, “Are you still continuing to be faithful to the Lord? Speak evil things against him and die!”

Lord, may I never listen to the demonic counsel of others even if it were to come through my own friends and family?

Lord, I ask for your grace for me to remain loyal whatever comes my way.  May I never blame you for the devil's pain?  May I never curse you, and die?   

10 Job replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. We accept good things from God. So we should also accept trouble when he sends it.”  In spite of everything, Job didn’t say anything that was sinful.

God every good and perfect gift comes through you.  Help me to remember what appears to be evil just might be good, and whatever appears good just might be evil?

Even the evil that I endure develops in me the image of Christ.  Thank you God that there is pain and a purpose it.     

11 Job had three friends named Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite. They heard about all the troubles that had come to Job. So they started out from their homes. They had agreed to meet together. They wanted to go and show their concern for Job. They wanted to comfort him. 
12 When they got closer to where he lived, they could see him. But they could hardly recognize him. They began to weep out loud. They tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads.

Lord, I ask for comforters to cry with me in sorrow, and laugh with me in gladness.  Please surround me with people who love me.  
13 Then they sat down on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him. That’s because they saw how much he was suffering.
Lord, in my pain, please fill me with friends of faith not fear.  Please keep the doubters far from me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uneducated but Useful

The Night's Sky

Too earthly minded. No heavenly good.