1 I, James, am writing this letter. I serve God and the Lord Jesus Christ. We all serve someone or something. We can serve people and things that drain the life out of us, or Christ who loves and gave Himself for us. I am sending this letter to you, the 12 tribes scattered among the nations. The Jewish believers in Jesus were persecuted after the murder of Stephen for his faith(Acts 8), and they fled throughout the ancient world to save their lives. At the time of this letter, this was before the none Jewish people had been told about Jesus. Therefore, there were only Jewish Christians at this time. Hence, James called them the 12 tribes (of Israel). Greetings. 2 My brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. These Jewish believers left their families, friends, and homes behind to follow Christ. We are not promised...
God says, "I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are sad and humble. I give new life to those who are humble and to those whose hearts are broken". Isaiah 57:15B NCV I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you'. Isaiah 41:13 NL “From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” Isaiah 43:13 (NLT) Nobody can speak and have it happen unless the Lord commands it. Lamentations 3:37 (NCV) I will sprinkle you with clean water, and you will be clean and acceptable to me. I will wash away everything that makes you unclean, and I will remove your disgusting idols. I will take away your stubborn heart and give you a new heart and a desire to be faithful. You will have only pure thoughts, because I will put my Spirit in you and make you eager to obey my laws and teachings. Ezekiel 36:25-27 (CEV) The ...
God created ears. Do you think he can’t hear? He formed eyes. Do you think he can’t see? Psalm 94:9 (GW). Keep in mind that God is watching and act accordingly, so things will go well for you (Deut. 6:18A). God puts you through hard times to humble and test you. He does it to determine if you'll remain obedient to Him even to the point of death. His game plan is to teach you that the key to your survival is by steadfastly obeying his word (Deut. 8:2-3). Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us. Ecclesiastes 7:3 (NLT) On a good day, enjoy yourself; On a bad day, examine your conscience. God arranges for both kinds of days so that we won't take anything for granted. Ecclesiastes 7:14 (MSG) Come and; hear anyone who has a genuine fear of God. Just listen to what God did for me. When I cried out to Him, I combined it with praise. However, I first purified my motives to purge...
Comments
Post a Comment